Buying a home is a big decision. Whether you’re looking for a house, townhouse or unit/apartment, it’s obviously important to spend time to find the best place for your needs, at a price you can afford.
But it’s just as important to find the best home loan for your needs too. Buying your own home is the biggest financial commitment many of us ever make.
Even a small difference in interest rates and the associated fees and charges of different lenders can significantly affect how much you need to repay. And that directly impacts your day-to-day budget, as well as how long it will take you to repay your home loan.
Here are just some of the questions you need to consider when applying for a home loan:
- How much deposit do you need?
- How can you get pre-approval for your loan to increase your negotiating power?
- Should you approach a bank or a non-bank lender?
- Should you choose a fixed or variable interest rate, or a split loan?
- What is a comparison interest rate?
- What loan term should you choose?
- Will your loan allow you to make extra repayments?
- What home loan features are important? For example, should you get a loan with redraw and/or offset facilities?
- What additional fees and charges will you pay?
- What is a loan-to-value ratio and why is that important?
- Will you need mortgage insurance?
- Will you be eligible for government assistance (e.g. a first home-owner’s grant)?
- How much stamp duty will you pay?
At Maxima, we’ll take the time to understand your situation and will be able to answer all those questions for you. We’ll also recommend the best possible home loan for your needs.
To find out how we can help you, contact us for a free, no-obligation initial consultation.